Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday: Going Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt

WoW is weekly meme created by Jill at Breaking The Spine in which bloggers can share books they're excited to get soon :)
 
 
 
Welcome, welcome. To the Xth edition of WoW. ;)
This week I have an awesome-sounding book,
see for yourself...
 
 
Going Vintage
by Lindsey Leavitt
The cure for a broken heart? Go vintage and live like it’s 1962!
Mallory’s boyfriend, Jeremy, isn’t just cheating on her. He’s cheating with an online girlfriend. So Mallory decides to swear off boys and modern technology. Inspired by a list of goals her grandmother made in 1962, Mallory decides to “go vintage” and return to a simpler time. She sets out to complete grandma’s list: run for pep club secretary, host a dinner party, sew a homecoming dress, find a steady, do something dangerous.
          

The list proves to be trickier than it looks. Obviously finding a steady is out . . . no matter how intriguing she finds Oliver (er, Jeremy's cousin). But with the help of her sister, Mallory will finish the list and find peace. Somehow.
GOING VINTAGE is the story of a girl figuring out the truths and illusions of life and love, both in the nostalgic past and in the very real now.
Goodreads | Not yet on amazon ):


This one! this I just gotta have!
Swearing off technology would be like, the hardest, funniest thing ever. It sounds like it will be full of hilarious situations.

9 comments:

  1. OMG it would be so hard to swear off technology! And sew a homecoming dress oh how hideous my dress would be. Sounds really cute and fun though! Very curious what all will happen when she tries all these different things.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so fun and unique! I really enjoyed other books by Lindsey Leavitt so I'm excited about this one too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for this one! I follow Leavitt on pinterest and got so excited to see a pin for this cover. The only thing that sucks is that this isn't due until 2013 because I want it now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is FANTASTIC! This is a sweet cover too. Thanks for letting me know about it!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one looks so fun! Don't think I've ever heard of a character going vintage, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds terrific! Thanks for giving me my first look. My WOW...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one sounds so great, although I can't imagine not using technology at all! I love the cover too.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh this sounds really good! I like the whole idea of no technology lol.
    My WOW; http://booknookgirl.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-shadow-and-bone.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't heard of this one but it sounds totally unique and I definitely need a change of pace. Great pick!

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete

I love your beautiful face!